Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Board of Governors and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB). Its mission is to:
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the IEEE-SA as needed.
2016 IEEE Standards Education Committee
- David Law, Chair – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Jeffry J. Handal, Vice Chair – Cisco Meraki
- Frederic Surre – City University, London
- Howard Wolfman – Lumispec Consulting
- Donald N Heirman – Don HEIRMAN Consultants, LLC
- Yatin Trivedi – Synopsys, Inc.
- Glenn Parsons – Ericsson
- Mehmet Ulema – Manhattan College
Corresponding Members / Non-Voting
- James Irvine
- Kishik Park
Ex Officio / Non-Voting VP of EAB
- Dr. S.K. Ramesh – Electrical and Computer Engineering, California State University
Ex Officio / Non-Voting President of IEEE-SA
- Bruce Kraemer – Marvell