Welcome to the IEEE Standards Education e-Magazine
A publication for those who learn, teach, use, deploy, develop and enjoy Standards!
Technical standards are formal documents that establish uniform engineering or technical criteria, methods, processes and practices developed through an accredited consensus process. The purpose of this publication is to help raise awareness of standards, show the importance of standards, present real-world applications of standards, and demonstrate the role you can play in the standards development process. Knowledge of standards and standards activities can help facilitate your professional engineering practice and improve technological developments to meet the needs and improve the lives of future generations.
- developed based on guiding principles of openness, balance, consensus, and due process;
- established in order to meet technical, safety, regulatory, societal and market needs;
- catalysts for technological innovation and global market competition.
- Knowledge of standards can help facilitate the transition from classroom to professional practice by aligning educational concepts with real-world applications.
IEEE is committed to:
- promoting the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges;
- disseminating learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs;
- actively promoting the integration of standards into academic programs;
- providing educational materials about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
Serving the community of students, educators, practitioners, developers and standards users, we are building a community of standards education for the benefit of humanity.
Join us as we explore the dynamic world of standards!