On 27 September 2016, the IEEE Standards University begins the second run of its Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Technical Standards on edX. Entitled “Innovation and Competition: Succeeding through Global Standards,” the MOOC offers a practitioner’s view of technical standards and is geared to students and professionals in the fields of engineering, technology, computing, business, economics and law – particularly those working in all facets of product planning, development, and support.
It enables learners to better contribute to their organization and to advance their careers. By completing this course, learners will understand:
- different types of standards
- how they impact trade and innovation
- how they evolve
- why companies participate in standards development
- how standards change to meet emerging needs
- how to integrate related activities with other organizational functions
- strategic implications
- how standards apply to product design and planning.
Also covered are intellectual property, conformity assessment, and regulation. Click here to register for this MOOC at no charge on the IEEE channel on edX.
Certificates are also available.