News, Further Reading, and Events
News and Further Reading
- Yu Yuan’s Mission is to Improve Lives Through Virtual Reality by Kathy Pretz, published by The Institute, 15 December 2016.
- Contactless Payments Are Heading Toward a Cashless Future by Kathy Pretz, published by The Institute, 8 August 2016.
- Using Artificial Intelligence to Land Drones on Moving Platforms by Peter Brown, published by IEEE GlobalSpec, 24 February 2017.
- Wearable Devices for Sports by Dhruv R. Seshadri, Colin Drummond, John Craker, James R. Rowbottom and James E. Voos, published by IEEE Pulse, 15 February 2017.
- IEEE Industry Connections (IEEE-IC) 3D Body Processing (3DBP) Initiative– An Introduction by Michael Stahl, published by IEEE Standards Association, 2017.
- Fundamentals of Standards and Conformity Assessment: Basic Knowledge and Tools for Today’s Professional takes place 7 August 2017 at the 66th Annual SES Conference, Illinois. This full-day course will provide fundamentals on standardization, along with tools and resources to be used throughout one’s career.
- International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems takes place 13-15 June 2017 at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, Florida. The theme of ICUAS’17 will focus on the very challenging and timely topic of networked unmanned systems. The event is co-sponsored by IEEE Control Systems Society and IEEE Robotics and Automation Society.
- 16th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR) takes place 9-13 October 2017 at La Cité, Nantes Events Center, France. The IEEE ISMAR is the leading international academic conference in the fields of Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality. The symposium is organized and supported by the IEEE Computer Society and IEEE VGTC.
- ANSI Standards Simulation Competition will take place 27 October at San Jose State University, California. The event, open to undergraduate or graduate students on the West Coast, is intended for university teams to create fictional, globally relevant voluntary standards, a process that will exercise participant strategy and negotiation skills.
- IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Ethernet & IP @ Automotive Technology Day takes place 1-2 November 2017 at San Jose McEnery Convention Center, California. This event is the premier venue for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers, semiconductor vendors and tool providers to discuss and learn about the evolution of Ethernet standards, technologies and applications in the automotive environment.