Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Board of Governors and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB).
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the SA as needed.
2018 IEEE Standards Education Committee
- James M. Irvine, Chair – Strathclyde University
- Adrian Stephens, Vice Chair – Cambridge, UK
- Stephen Dukes – Imaginary Universes, LLC
- Doug Edwards – Siemens
- Tarek S. El-Bawab, PhD – Jackson State University
- Donald N Heirman – Don HEIRMAN Consultants, LLC
- David Law – Hewlett-Packard Enterprises
- Kevin Lu, PhD – Stevens Institute of Technology
Corresponding Members / Non-Voting
- Jeffry J. Handal – Cisco Meraki
- Frederic Surre, PhD – City University
- Yatin Trivedi – Aricent, Inc.
- Howard Wolfman – Lumispec Consulting
Ex Officio / Non-Voting VP of EAB
- Dr. Witold M. Kinsner – University of Manitoba
Ex Officio / Non-Voting President of IEEE-SA
- Don Wright – Standards Strategies, LLC