Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Board of Governors and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB). (Note links have been updated you do not need to include this)
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the SA as needed.
2020 IEEE Standards Education Committee
- Robby Robson, Chair – Eduworks
- James M. Irvine, Vice Chair – Strathclyde University
- Jeffry J. Handal, Cisco Meraki
- David Law, Hewlett-Packard Enterprises
- Frederic Surre, University of Glasgow
- Stephen Shull, BBC Electrical Services Inc.
- Walter Weigel, Huawei Technologies
- Howard Wolfman – Lumispec Consulting
Corresponding Members / Non-Voting
- Edward Au, Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd.
- Dennis Brophy, Mentor, A Siemens Business
- Periklis Chatzimisios, International Hellenic University
- Donald Heirman, Don HEIRMAN Consultants, LLC
- Ahmed Khan
- Kevin Lu, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Glenn Parsons
Ex Officio / Non-Voting VP of EAB
- Stephen M. Phillips – Arizona State University
Ex Officio / Non-Voting President of IEEE-SA
- Rob Fish, Princeton University NETovations, LLC