Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Board of Governors and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB). (Note links have been updated you do not need to include this)
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the SA as needed.
2019 IEEE Standards Education Committee
- Robby Robson, Chair – Eduworks
- James M. Irvine, Vice Chair – Strathclyde University
- Jeffry J. Handal – Cisco Meraki
- David Law – Hewlett-Packard Enterprises
- Kevin Lu – Stevens Institute of Technology
- Jean-Philippe Faure, Progilon
- Stephen Shull, North Fork SE, LLC
- Walter Weigel, VP & CSO European Research Institute
Corresponding Members / Non-Voting
- Edward Au, Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd.
- Dennis Brophy, Mentor, A Siemens Business
- Donald Heirman, Don HEIRMAN Consultants, LLC
- Frederic Surre – City University
- Yatin Trivedi – Aricent, Inc.
- Howard Wolfman – Lumispec Consulting
Ex Officio / Non-Voting VP of EAB
- Witold M. Kinsner – University of Manitoba
Ex Officio / Non-Voting President of IEEE-SA
- Rob Fish ,Princeton University NETovations, LLC