Introducing the IEEE Standards Education Committee
The IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) is a joint committee of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Board of Governors and the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB). Its mission is to:
- Promote the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, and societal challenges.
- Secure and disseminate learning materials on the application of standards in the design and development aspects of educational programs.
- Secure and provide short courses about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice.
- Actively promote the integration of standards into academic programs.
- Lead other education initiatives planned jointly by EAB and the IEEE-SA as needed.
2017 IEEE Standards Education Committee
- James Irvine, Chair – University of Strathclyde
- Glenn Parsons, Vice Chair – Ericsson
- Howard Wolfman – Lumispec Consulting
- Donald Heirman – Don HEIRMAN Consultants, LLC
- Tarek S. El-Bawab – Jackson State University
- Yatin Trivedi – Aricent, Inc.
- Kevin Lu – Stevens Institute of Technology
- Adrian Stephens – Independent Consultant
Corresponding Members / Non-Voting
- Frederic Surre – City, University of London
- Jeffry J. Handal – Cisco Meraki
- David Law – Hewlett Packard Enterprises
Ex Officio / Non-Voting VP of EAB
- Dr. S.K. Ramesh – Electrical and Computer Engineering, California State University
Ex Officio / Non-Voting President of IEEE-SA
- Don Wright – Standards Strategies, LLC